Sunday, June 27, 2010

Wk 4_Response to Donita Massing

Tuesday, May 25, 2010
FSO_MAC_W4_AR publishing 2 of 3
In 2006, I worked with a group of educators at Ohio State University to author a learning unit on Challenge Based Learning for the Ohio Department of Education's CTE website.
I was asked to branch off on my own and I came up with a learning module for the arts and communications career cluster with the guidance of OSU faculty leaders. Learning to apply my thinking to challenge based learning was the most difficult part.
As a result of this venture, my unit, Design & Attract, was published on the CTE website for other educators.
A staff member from the Buck Institute for Education saw my CBL project and wrote to OSU and myself to ask for permission to publish it in their book "PBL Starter Kit."
John Larmer was the staff member that I worked with on the publishing of my project. He sent me a copy of the book after its printing.
After watching a classmate's presentation on his action research on challenge based learning, I remembered my contact at BIE.
I will contact Mr. Larmer with my article and see if he is interested in publishing how I used Ning in my career-tech program.
Posted by Dee M at 5:56 PM
1 comments:

Lynne Koles said...

Donita, you are my hero. You have the drive and the contacts to be a superstar teacher and I am so excited to be getting mentored by someone so wise in the things I am new, but willing to learn. Keep working with these wonderful ideas and the contacts will continue to benefit your students in ways that those wonderful ripples may never stop. By the way, I just got a week of instruction for my new PBL New Tech High from a former BIE staffer, now with NEw TEch network.org who was fantastic. Blessings my Friend. Keep in touch and email me the ning site again, Loosing stuff is legend these days. Congrats on being done, too!
June 27, 2010 7:05 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment